Thursday, June 10, 2010

Spinach Salad


I was given this recipe by a teacher friend, Dawn Wasden.

3/4 c. wine vinegar
1 1/2 c. oil (I didn't use this much)
3/4 c. sugar
1 t. dry mustard
1 T. poppy seeds
1/2 t. salt
1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
1 red onion, sliced super thin
6 slices bacon, cooked crisply and broken
1/3 pound swiss cheese, grated
2 bunches spinach, chopped
lettuce, chopped
Blend first six ingredients, then add mushrooms and sliced onions. Marinate in fridge overnight. Pour over bacon, cheese, spinach and lettuce. Toss well.

5 comments:

Hopie said...

That looks soooo yummy!!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Peggy, spinach salad is one of my favorite dishes. I love the recipe you are using. Your salad is beautiful. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Judy said...

I eat spinach salad all the time, it's one of my favorites.

Coleens Recipes said...

BOY!! That looks delicious!! Wish I had a bowl right now (and it's almost 1 AM) hahaha.

Brenda said...

Yum...this looks so good.