Sunday, November 8, 2009

Yummy Sugar Cookies


This is a recipe from Pam Pace, a teacher who taught in the classroom next to me for many years, until she passed away. Hope, my daughter-in-law, asked me to make them for her birthday dinner today. She only likes pink icing. You can see the fingerprint in the first one. Someone couldn't wait to try them.
3 1/4 c. flour
1 egg
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 t. soda
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
3/4 to 1 c. commercial sour cream (I triple the batch and use 16 oz of sour cream.)
Mix like you would regular cookies. Chill for 1/2 to 1 hour. Roll out with powdered sugar instead of flour. (I always roll sugar cookies out with powdered sugar and the dough never gets stiff.) Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool and ice with your favorite icing.

6 comments:

ann low said...

Looks delicious and sounds great with the name yummy!

Hopie said...

Ohhhh mom, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! They are delicious in every language I know!!!

Coleens Recipes said...

Happy Birthday Hope!! Your birthday cookies look delicious, you are so lucky to have such a loving MIL.

Nettie said...

That naughty little Hopie... =) I can't say that I blame her though... they look delish! The sour cream was a bit of a surprise ingredient to me... I can't wait to try it!! =)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

LOL, I might have finger prints in my baked yummies a time or two.
~ingrid

Katy ~ said...

I like the addition of sour cream in baked goods; it tends to make the goodie nice and tender, so now I am really interested in these cookies. I'm a bit of a cookie fiend so I'm going to have to make these. LOL about the frosting. A fingerprint isn't so bad. It's the GOUGES LOL that make me raise my eyebrows!!