Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pomegranate Cheesecake with Homemade Danish Dessert

This delicious recipe is from my friend, Sally Goulding.
1 graham cracker crust
1 c. powdered sugar
8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1-2 c. pomegranate seeds
1 pkg raspberry Danish Dessert or make your own with recipe below

Mix powdered sugar, Cool Whip and cream cheese with a mixer until very smooth. Pour into pie crust and cool in refrigerator until set. Mix Danish Dessert as per package directions or use the following recipe.

1 c. sugar
2 heaping T. cornstarch
1 pkg unsweetened Kool-Aid brand drink mix in desired flavor
Mix these three item with a fork until well blended. Put in a sauce pan and add 2 c. cold water. Cook until desired thickness. Cool and add 1/2 of the sauce to the pomegranates and spread over top of cheesecake. Save the rest for another pie or make two pies at once.
I like to use strawberry Kool-Aid with fresh strawberries for strawberry shortcake.

5 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

What a great photograph and an interesting recipe!! I always thought you weren't supposed to eat the actual seed. Maybe thats something my mother once told me, I just don't remember. What a beautiful color.

Katy ~ said...

Peggy, this looks and sounds delicious. I am glad to see more recipes using pomegranate as I am unfamiliar with them.

Shelby said...

Hi Peggy, just wanted to let you know that the peppermint meltaway post will be up around 5 PM EST today. :o) Thanks for stopping by. I like your pomegranate cheesecake, its new to me! I also love the cranberry pumpkin bread your son made!

Pam said...

So happy to find your blog. Excited to try the pomegranate cheesecake as pomegranates are on my shopping list this week. I LOVE to eat them and am trying to use the juice in as many ways as I can as it is so healthy. I'll be trying this recipe too as well as checking out the rest of your site. - Pam preparedness365.blogspot.com

Abby said...

I was looking for a recipe to make your own Danish Dessert because it was not available at my grocery and found your blog! Thanks!!