My son, Cory, made this for dinner one night.
- 4 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 4 thin slices Canadian bacon
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lay the chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove from the plastic and lay 1 slices of Canadian bacon and 1 slice of cheese over the top to cover the breast. Roll up tight like a jellyroll. Repeat with remaining chicken. Season the bread crumbs with garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Mix in the melted butter. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs. Dip each roll in egg mixture and then in the crumb mixture to evenly coat. Spray a baking pan with non stick spray. Place chicken on the pan and bake for 25 to 35 minutes until browned and cooked through.