Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Aloha Banana Bread


This recipe came from a dear friend, Judy Willard, about 30 years ago. I have since lost track of her and would love to see her again.

2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
1 c. mashed bananas
1 T. grated orange peel
1/4 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. almond extract
1 c. coconut
2/3 c. crushed pineapple
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Mix wet ingredients until well blended. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in coconut, pineapple and nuts. Bake in 2 greased and floured loaf pans at 350° for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Ooooh! That sounds like lots of fun! I love pina colada and coconut!

Hopie said...

I'm glad I didn't throw away the brown bananas on Sunday!!!!

Diana's Cocina said...

Peggy, thank you for stopping by ;).

This bread sounds yummy. I love anything banana.

pendant lighting said...

That looks so good!