Saturday, December 26, 2009

Butterscotch Pull-A-Parts


This recipe was adapted from Paula Deen's Ultimate Coffee Cake.

1 1/4 loaves of frozen bread dough, thawed
1 small package of butterscotch pudding mix
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. melted butter
cinnamon and sugar mixed together

Cut each loaf into fourths and then cut each piece into six pieces. Roll dough into balls and dip into cinnamon sugar mixture. Drop into a well-greased and floured bundt pan. Continue layering balls of dough. Sprinkle butterscotch pudding over all the dough. Then sprinkle the brown sugar and pecans over the dough balls. Pour the melted butter over everything. Let rise for 20-30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Turn pan over onto a serving platter to remove. Serve by pulling apart chunks with forks.

4 comments:

Katy ~ said...

i just LUV this recipe. A friend of mine made it a while back and I could not stay away from it!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I've made monkey bread which is similar and I'm thinking to make your version just using biscuits instead so there's no waiting. (We're not patient! :))
~ingrid

Miss Kay said...

I have had this, and OH MY GOODNESS it's amazing! I wish I liked to cook...this might tempt me to do it...
:)

Anonymous said...

I made this last night and it was fantastic! I used your version it was perfection! First time commenter by the way - I love your blog!