Thursday, December 17, 2009

Saltine Toffee


I found this recipe at Tried and True Cooking with Heidi. It is a simple fast recipe.
37 saltine cracker squares
1 c. butter, cubed
3/4 c. sugar
2 c. chocolate chips
1 oz white candy coating
Place crackers in a single layer in a foil-lined 15 x10x1-inch baking sheet. In a large saucepan, bring butter and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until mixture is thickened and sugar is completely dissolved. Spread over crackers. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with chips. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until chips begin to melt; spread chocolate evenly over top. In a microwave, melt white candy coating, 30 seconds at a time; stir until smooth. I put it in a ziplock snack bag, sealed it, and cut a tiny hole in the corner of the bag. Drizzle over toffee. Chill for 15-20 minutes or until set; break into pieces. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-3/4 pounds.

7 comments:

Steven and Amy said...

oh my heck! These are so good.

Hopie said...

Hmmmm..... Not too sure I can try them, they just sound weird!!!

Heide Mc.™ said...

These look good!

The Cooking Photographer said...

And this one too!

Katy ~ said...

I had these for the very first time last Christmas and they are very good indeed. I had my doubts because of the saltine, but it all works together tastefully. YUM

easy recipe said...

It looks amazing, I'm going to try it.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Yum, I've made this with torillas as my bas and graham crackers. I have a feeling the saltines are going to be the best as they provide a little salty which is heavenly with the sweet!

Wow, I don't visit in a coupla weeks and I miss a ton of good stuff!
~ingrid